EPISODE 023 – DAVE KRISTEN SAMUEL PART 2
This episode is part two of our continued conversation with Kirsten and Dave Samuel. Their marriage has moved through the effects of pornography, clinical depression, and PTSD. Together, they speak and educate about the millions addicted to porn. They bring hope through their own story of God’s redeeming grace. Kirsten D. Samuel is a professional writer who has two published books: Choosing a Way Out: When the Bottom Isn’t the Bottom and 5 Lies Moms Believe: Be the Mom Your Child Believes You Are. Dave Samuel is an audio production specialist. The couple have been married 40 years with three grown children and twelve grandchildren.
Here is what to expect on this week’s show:
• How to see love as an active choice, not an emotion.
• Addictions are medicating behaviors to numb emotional pain from childhood.
• Pornography is a progressive addiction accompanied by the dangers of isolation.
• The importance of being vulnerable with your children, respecting daughters and calling sons into manhood.
• Honoring differences and growing into transparency together.
• What’s necessary for accountability partners and creating a trusted support system.
• The necessity of transformation and creating a new marriage.
• The process of writing is cathartic and good for your mental health.
Connect with the Samuels:
Relationship Stress Quiz – https://www.judycounselor.com
Linked In – https://www.linkedin.com/in/judykherman/
Share your take-aways by filling out the form to the left.