EPISODE 001 ~ Melissa Orlov is the founder of ADHDmarriage.com, and author of two award-winning books on the impact of ADHD in relationships – The ADHD Effect on Marriage (2010) and The Couple’s Guide to Thriving with ADHD (2014). She is considered one of the foremost authorities on the topic of how ADHD impacts adult relationships. A marriage consultant, Melissa helps ADHD-affected couples from around the world re-balance their relationships and learn to thrive through her seminars, consulting and books. She also teaches marriage counselors and other professionals about effective marriage therapy for couples impacted by ADHD. Orlov blogs for Psychology Today and at www.adhdmarriage.com, where she also hosts a large community of adults learning about ADHD in relationships. She has been interviewed by many, including the New York Times, CNN, Today, and US News and World Report. You can find her at ADHDmarriage.com.
Listen to this insightful episode of Better Relationships, Better Life, full of information about ADHD, and methods that couples can use to manage it when one or both partners are diagnosed:
Here is what to expect on this week’s show:
● Exploring what ADHD is, and dispelling some pervasive myths
● Ways in which an unnoticed, undiagnosed ADHD can manifest later in a person’s life
● How untreated ADHD can affect a relationship, and ways that ADHD marriage specialists like Melissa help couples manage it together
● Why learning as much as you can about ADHD is the best way to start working with it
● What it means to be “subclinical”
Share your take-aways by filling out the form to the left.
Connect with Melissa: