EPISODE 013 – DOUG NOLL
Douglas E. Noll, JD, MA left a successful career as a trial lawyer to become a peacemaker. His calling is to serve humanity, and he executes his calling at many levels. He is an award-winning author, teacher, trainer, and a highly experienced mediator. Doug’s work carries him from international work to helping people resolve deep interpersonal and ideological conflicts to training life inmates to become peacemakers and mediators in maximum-security prisons.
Listen to this insightful episode of Better Relationships, Better Life:
Here is what to expect on this week’s show:
● How disregarding a child’s feelings is emotional abuse.
● Supporting evidence in the Kaiser ACE Study measures the lasting impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences
● Most people haven’t developed ways to distinguish & express emotions from their family of origins.
● Why it’s important to know the difference between affect and emotions
● We can learn techniques to calm intense anger in another person.
● All domestic violence is related to alexithymia (inability to describe, express & distinguish emotions)
For resources and a free e-book related to this podcast go to:
Connect with Doug:
Relationship Stress Quiz – https://www.judycounselor.com
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/judykherman/
Share your take-aways by filling out the form to the left.