Oprah & the Pioneers of Connection Beyond Conflict
Episode # 10 ~ Harville Hendrix Ph.D. and Helen LaKelly Hunt Ph.D. are internationally-respected couple’s therapists, educators, speakers, and New York Times bestselling authors. Together, they have written over 10 books with more than 4 million copies sold, including the timeless classic, Getting the Love You Want: A Guide for Couples. In addition, Harville has appeared on the Oprah Winfrey television program 17 times! The pair are also the co-creators of Imago Relationship Theory & Therapy, as well as Safe Conversations®, an organization that contributes to the creation of a relational culture through the distribution of new insights from the relational sciences.
Listen to this insightful interview with Harville and Helen on Better Relationships, Better Life, :
Here is what to expect on this week’s show:
● The definition of Imago Relationship Therapy, and how it can benefit not only couples, but also individuals, business partners, corporations, congregations, and more.
● Helen shares how Harville was first in the history of the world to teach skills of dialogue. He was instrumental in the development of the relational sciences becoming teachable.
● Living with wonder is a sign of brain health. Dialogue activates all of the lobes of the brain by creating structure to regulate emotions.
● For those with mental illness, skills of dialogue can provide structure to slow down and calm the mental chaos. Everyone is seeking to be safe and connected.
● Created by Harville and Helen in 1980, Imago Relationship Therapy (IRT) is one of the most influential models of therapy in the world today, practiced in 63 countries by over 2,500 therapists!
Connect with Harville and Helen:
Share your take-aways by filling out the form to the left.