EPISODE 039 – MARK LUKACH
This episode and the next are part 1 and 2 of a topic that touches many of us. “Severe Mental Illness.” In part 1 we’re addressing the care-giving season of a young marriage. In part 2 we address the growing partnership of Mark & Giulia Lukach. This is a remarkable story. You’ll want to be sure and tune into both parts.
Mark Lukach is the author of the international bestselling memoir My Lovely Wife in The Psych Ward. His freelance writing has been published in the New York Times, The Atlantic, Pacific Standard, Wired, and other publications. He is currently the ninth grade Dean at The Athenian School, where he also teaches history. Mark lives with his wife, Giulia, and their sons in the San Francisco Bay area.
Here is what to expect on this week’s show:
· The unexpected onset of severe mental illness in a young married couple.
· How psychosis and recovery changes the husband/wife partnership into care-giver/patient.
· Necessity of therapy and support for the caregiver.
· The role of denial and the condition of anosognosia.
· What’s needed in partnered healing.
Connect with Mark:
For Judy’s resources and connection:
Relationship Stress Quiz – https://www.judycounselor.com
Complimentary Clarity Call – https://judykherman.as.me/ComplimentaryCall
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/judykherman/
Share your take-aways by filling out the form to the left.