EPISODE 006 ~ Leslie is a popular speaker, author, licensed clinical social worker and relationship coach. She has over 35 years of experience helping individuals, couples and families heal, rebuild or grow their relationships. Growing up in a broken home with an abusive mom, Leslie has learned first hand how difficult it can be to act in a Christ like way with a destructive person. Whether coaching, speaking or writing, Leslie gently leads people to make real changes in their lives. She loves to help women learn to confidently speak their own thoughts and feelings in a constructive way, encounter God’s peace and presence in the midst of suffering or difficult loss, and develop the discipline to turn dreams and desires into reality. Leslie is the author of seven books, including the best selling, The Emotionally Destructive Marriage and The Emotionally Destructive Relationship.
Listen to this insightful episode of Better Relationships, Better Life, full of tips for managing trauma and working towards healthy outcomes in your relationships.
Here is what to expect on this week’s show:
● The two things that Leslie, who has been married for over 46 years, knows you need to keep a marriage strong and long-lasting
● Ways in which Leslie has pushed back against traditional Christian teaching about marriage to stand up for women who may find themselves abused, depressed, or desperate in their marriages
● How to learn and grow from abusive encounters or toxic relationships, rather than trying to change the toxic traits in the other person
● Lessons from Christian theology that people from all religious backgrounds can learn from, and apply to their relationships
● Ways that past traumas and mental illnesses can manifest in a relationship, and tips on how to navigate their influence to work towards the healthiest result
Connect with Leslie:
Share your take-aways by filling out the form to the left.