EPISODE 011 ~ Katherine Woodward Thomas is the New York Times bestselling author of Conscious Uncoupling: 5 Steps to Living Happily Even After and Calling in “The One”: 7 Weeks to Attracting the Love of Your Life, as well as an award-winning marriage and family psychotherapist. Over the past two decades, Katherine has taught thousands of people around the globe to create conscious, loving relationships. They learn skills for deeper connections, health, and happiness. Katherine developed training programs: Certifications for “Calling in The One” Coaches , and “Conscious Uncoupling” Coaches. She provides ongoing supervision to a vibrant community of therapists and coaches from around the world. She’s a Billboard charting, #1 iTunes jazz artist with her CD, Lucky in Love, which was co-written and co-produced with The Brothers Koren.
Listen to this insightful interview with Katherine on Better Relationships, Better Life, :
Here is what to expect on this week’s show:
● We’re moving from hierarchy to equal power in relationships.
● Conscious uncoupling is not just a pretty word for divorce. But rather it replaces attitudes of hostility in order to create peace in the family system.
● The simple and elegant steps to uncoupling is a process of growing awareness.
● Spending years in “healing,” can lead to over-identification of the trauma story. Instead, we can develop character and become our best selves.
● It’s important to change hostile terms like “X” in order to show grace to former spouse and create harmony for the children and extended family.
● Skills in the program can deepen intimacy and even save some marriages.
Connect with Katherine:
Share your take-aways by filling out the form to the left.